A TRANSLATION ANALYSIS OF COMPOUND SENTENCE EQUIVALENCE- NON EQUIVALENCE USING REKSO TRANSLATOR

KUNCOROSARI, KARTIKA (2008) A TRANSLATION ANALYSIS OF COMPOUND SENTENCE EQUIVALENCE- NON EQUIVALENCE USING REKSO TRANSLATOR. Skripsi thesis, Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta.

[img]
Preview
PDF
A320040002.pdf

Download (265kB)
[img] PDF
A320040002.pdf
Restricted to Repository staff only

Download (1MB)

Abstract

The objectives of this study are to describe the equivalence on compound sentences using rekso translator and to describe the naturalness of translation done by rekso translator. This was a qualitative-descriptive research. The analysis focuses on the equivalence of compound sentence and the naturalness rekso translator results. This was used to analyze the data of the novel. The results of the data analysis show that there are 14 data belong to 24.2% on equivalence and the other 48 data belong to 75.8% non equivalent. It means that rekso translator has big problem and lot of weaknesses in translating result. So, rekso translator is fail to transfer the source language into target language. The natural of compound sentence as much 3.2% or 2 data and unnatural 96.8% or 60 data. It means that rekso translator is difficult to read, ungrammatical and it is innapropriateness in Indonesian norms.

Item Type: Karya ilmiah (Skripsi)
Uncontrolled Keywords: compound sentences, rekso translator, naturalness
Subjects: P Language and Literature > PE English
Divisions: Fakultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: Siti Nuzilah
Date Deposited: 14 Jul 2009 08:07
Last Modified: 16 Nov 2010 13:33
URI: http://eprints.ums.ac.id/id/eprint/3529

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item